2- 2.5 lbs of chicken breasts (she uses boneless)
1 stick of butter
8 garlic cloves, sliced in half to release flavor
1.5 tsp salt
Optional -- 1 sliced onion
8 oz of cream cheese
1 cup of chicken stock (I use the liquid left in the slow cooker after the chicken is removed.)
salt to taste
1. Place the chicken (thawed) in the slow cooker.
2. Add the butter to the slow cooker.
3. Place the garlic in the slow cooker, dispersing it around so that it's not all in one spot.
4. Sprinkle with salt.
5. Cook on low for 6 hours.
6. Remove and place on serving platter.
1. In a pan, put the cup of chicken stock (or liquid from the slow cooker).
2. Add the cream cheese and salt.
3. Cook over medium-low heat until the sauce is combined and creamy.
4. Pour over chicken.
Definitely need to season the chicken more, I added too little salt even just eyeing it. The sauce was good though.