2 lbs ground beef (lean)
1 lb ground pork (lean)
1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 large eggs
1 cup homemade sugar-free barbecue sauce or purchased Sugar-Free BBQ sauce such as Nature's Hollow
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, onion, almond flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add in eggs and mix well with your hands until fully combined.
2. On a large sheet of tinfoil, shape mixture into loaf roughly 5 x 9 inches. Lift foil by edges and place in a 6 quart slow cooker.
3. Set slow cooker to low and cook 5 to 6 hours. In the last half hour of cooking, brush the top and sides with about 1/3 cup barbecue sauce.
4. Use two serving forks to lift the meatloaf out of the slow cooker and onto a serving platter. Slice and serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
5. ***Cooking tip: if you can't use lean ground beef and pork, make sure to put a rack or some balled up tinfoil in the bottom of your slow cooker. Otherwise, your meatloaf will be swimming in grease by the end of cooking.