2 green bell pepper
2 red bell pepper
2 small red onion
2 tomato or 1 cup cherry tomatoes 8 artichoke hearts (frozen, thawed)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds fresh Italian sausage (or other pasture-raised sausage)
1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
Black pepper, to taste
4 poached eggs (optional)
1. Dice the zucchinis, peppers, onion, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts into bite-sized pieces. Divide into two and store half of the veggies in an airtight container in the refrigerator to use in the Antipasto Salad.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
3. Slice the sausage into 1” pieces and add it to the skillet. Cook, stirring regularly, until sausage is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the diced vegetables, Italian Seasoning, and black pepper and sauté, stirring regularly, until vegetables are al dente. (You still want a little crisp on them.)
5. Serve hot as-is or topped with a poached egg.