1 cup almond flour
¼ cup sugar substitute (We use Splenda)
⅛ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 egg white
½ teaspoon vanilla extract, no sugar added
1 teaspoon sugar substitute, for top (We use Splenda)
⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon, for top
1. In a bowl whisk together the almond flour, sugar substitute, salt, and ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon..
2. Add egg white and vanilla extract to dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
3. Place on large sheet of Saran wrap and wrap loosely. Shape into a 1″ wide log, round or square, about 7″ long. Wrap Saran wrap tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
5. Remove log from refrigerator. Unwrap Saran wrap and slice the log into around 24 even pieces. Lay pieces out on sheet pan, evenly spaced.
6. Sprinkle each crisp evenly with a mixture of 1 teaspoon sugar substitute and ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon and bake for 15 minutes or until crispy. Cool and serve or store on the counter in a covered container for up to 3 days.
For thicker crisps, 15 minutes isn't enough on the cooking time, definitely add another couple of minutes.
Calories: 70 Fat: 6 Net Carbs: 2 Fiber: 1 Protein: 3