1 1/4 cups almond flour
2 T grass fed butter, softened
2 tsp. coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup Swerve sweetener (or any granulated sweetener)
1 T baking powder
Pinch of salt (may omit if using salted butter)
3 large egg whites, beaten until fluffy
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Mixture of 2 T granulated xylitol + 1 tsp. cinnamon for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, salt, Swerve and cinnamon and whisk until the mixture is even.
3. Add in butter, coconut oil, vanilla and beaten egg whites. Mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula by gently "folding" the liquid into the dry ingredients. Mix gently until smooth.
4. Pour about 2T of the batter into the wells of a greased muffin top (or whoopie pie) pan. Flatten the tops with the back of a greased spoon, then top with the cinnamon/xylitol mixture.
5. Bake on middle rack for about 15 minutes or until muffin tops are firm and golden brown. Cool and serve.
utrition (1/6th of recipe): 170 calories, 4 g carbs, 2 g fiber, (2 g net carbs), 16 g fat, 5 g protein