Cooking oil spray
6 large eggs, beaten until frothy
1 1⁄4 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 1⁄3 cups almond flour
1 1⁄4 cups sugar substitute
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking oil spray and then line with parchment paper.
2. In an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs, ricotta cheese, vanilla extract, and almond extract until well combined with no clumps.
3. Change the mixer to medium speed and add the almond flour, sugar substitute, and baking powder. Mix until all is combined into a batter.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together cocoa powder and melted butter. Add half of the cake batter to the cocoa mixture and mix well to create a chocolate batter.
5. Pour both the regular and chocolate batters into the prepared loaf pan and use a butter knife to (very) gently swirl the two together, creating a marbling effect.
6. Bake 1 hour, or until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Cool completely before removing from the pan. Slice into 8 thick slices and cut each slice in half to make 16 portions. Serve chilled.
For a uniform and clean look, make the almond flour from blanched almonds without the brown skins.
Michelle note: I tried to half the sweetener like I normally do, but it wasn't sweet enough. Also might be good with whipped cream on top
Calories: 150|Fat: 12g|Protein: 8g|Fiber: 2.5g|Net Carbs: 4g