1 tbsp butter for the skillet
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup flax seed meal
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 & 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
3 large eggs, lightly beaen
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Add 1 tbsp butter to a 10-inch oven-proof skillet and place in oven.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, flax seed meal, baking powder, salt and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese.
3. Stir in the eggs, melted butter and milk until thoroughly combined.
4. Remove hot skillet from oven (remember to put on your oven mitts), and swirl butter to coat sides.
5. Pour batter into pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar.
6. Bake 16 minutes, or until browned around the edges and set through the middle. Cheese on top should be nicely browned.
7. Remove and let cool 15 minutes.
Each serving has 7.2 g of carbs and 4 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 3.2 g.